Saturday, August 18, 2007

Walking Slower

I don't want to take this next MLI too far. But I want to try to remember to walk a little slower. I think that will communicate calmness, confidence, and coolness and hopefully I will feel those things as I communicate them. Walking fast tends to communicate nervousness and lack of power and happiness. Walking too slow is really cocky, so I am just going to try to walk somewhat slower. If you see me out, please remind me and/or check in on my progress.

4 comments:

cijl said...

i need to work on this too. my fast walking is the only thing that my girlfriend and i have ever had a spat about.

but here is my problem with slow walking: it takes too long. i'm not sure if there is a way around this.

Pugel Karnopovich, Jr. said...

Obviously, we should go for a walk together.

strach said...

I can't agree with this one. Walking fast is awesome. Also, I've found that when I consciously better my posture, my walking naturally gets even faster! Can't argue with those results.

SC said...

this is lunacy. All the great men of the past walked very fast. They saved slow walking for important decisions like whether to drop the atomic bomb.